Monday, March 24, 2008

Rollercoasters of all kinds

I love teaching the mechanical energy unit, because I get to talk about rollercoasters, but I don't think id di the best possible job of it this year. Yet another argument in favor of serious planning, but I don't seem to be able to do focussed planning when I'm alone. That seems to require bouncing ideas off other people. Unfortunately, the amount of common planning time I have with other physics teachers is less than ideal.

Tomorrow I have my last observation of the year. I had a good talk with my supervisor about what I'm going to be doing, and the class will be great, but I'm still nervous.

Also, I have a hamster in my hair. Somehow, I don't think the Animal Rights Club at schoo would approve if I wrote up a lesson plan for a hamster rollercoaster. What do you think?

No comments: