Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's always a bit of a juggling act, balancing exam security (also uncharitably known as the desire not to write an entirely new midterm or final every year) with allowing students to learn from the experience of taking an exam. In particular, I have a student whose 504 plan specifies that she is to get a copy of all her tests, quizzes, and papers back in order to review them. My supervisor pointed out that this does not include exams, so he feels no guilt about the department policy of not allowing students and parents access to the exams (outside of test time). I feel a little guilt. I hate having to prepare students for state exams without having sample questions, so I wish I had sample questions to give my students to prepare for the midterm and final. The review packet MM uses is terrifyingly harder than the actual test, and I haven't had time to do a thorough overhaul of it with the midterm in front of me. I wonder if I can steal time before the final to work with CM on the final review packets...

No comments: