Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fell off the wagon

After complimenting myself on making a 6-day posting streak, I promptly fell off the bandwagon and didn't post for 3 days. I'm going to claim a birthday vacation and start over...

One of my classes, the smallest, includes a group of students who are obsessed with gossip (celebrities, tv characters, and fellow students alike, everyone is fair game). Today's rendition included full-voiced insistence that several musicians are members of the Illuminati. When I tried to stop the conversation, I was accused of being mean, picking on the students who were talking, and consequently being racist. If I called home every time this sort of behavior occurs, I'd be on the phone with the parents of these students every day. Maybe that's what it will take...

No comments: